Elements Theatre Company invites you to join us for five days of intense theatre immersion this August on Cape Cod. Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar provides the source material for this actors’ intensive retreat.
Focused on the challenging and transformative nature of Shakespeare’s work and language, the schedule includes lectures and discussion, voice and movement workshops, scene study classes, and round table discussions, culminating in an outdoor performance of Julius Caesar by Elements Theatre Company on August 8th.
This retreat is designed for actors who want to deepen their acting skills, hone their analysis of language, and refresh and rejuvenate their craft. If you are not an actor, but have a passion for theatre and Shakespeare, and want to experience a hands-on approach to this work, we welcome you to join us.
We, at Elements Theatre Company, will be your hosts. We invite 20 participants, ages 18 and up, to join us and our expert panel of guest artists and educators.
- Linklater voice training and movement sessions with Louis Colaianni
- Lectures and Discussions on Shakespeare and Julius Caesar with Michael Sexton
- Intensive scene study and script work with Claudia Zelevansky
- Evening open rehearsals with Elements Theatre Company followed by discussion with one of our guest artists.
- Includes tickets to opening night performance of Julius Caesar by Elements Theatre Company
- Accommodations and gourmet meals at Paraclete House, a beautiful retreat facility, overlooking Rock Harbor and Cape Cod Bay in Orleans, Massachusetts.